Production Grustle

Production Grustle

The Heavens are your LIGHTS, your eyes your CAMERAS, your destiny the script.....ACTION!!!!

All around creativity! Producing My Grind! Let's choreograph, script, direct, and produce a lifestyle!

It's the creativity, the adrenaline, the lights and the cameras. Your script is fresh off the printer and the stage manager is already telling you where to be! The choreography is beating through your chest "Come on, let's do it again, full out...5678!!!" The action on set is amazing! This is what I live for! Everyday, I work to make someone's life a lot more interesting, make sure I carry on that same drive the next day. Life is a movie, the streets are a stage, and my eyes are the cameras...see the world the way I see it!

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Birth of Tyrone Hydraulic

Born Justin Tyrone Selby, I've always been artistic...gifted in more ways than several. I started honing my abilities while continuing my faith in Jesus Christ as my savior. In one of my bible studies, I came across a very popular verse, but particularly stuck with me: "What's bound on earth, shall be bound in Heaven. What's loose on earth shall be loose in Heaven. (Matthew 16:19)" At the time, I didn't understand why the verse stuck with me in such a way.

Later, when my artistic mentor approached me with the idea of creating a poetry corner. I was intrigued! He challenged me, and the rest of the team of hosts, to create aliases for ourselves - artistic names. It wasn't a requirement, but I knew it wasn't my destiny to be introduced on stage as Justin. I thought, meditated, and prayed on the subject. My name was going to mean something.

I started with something basic: I like blue, water, angel wings, and God. I've always been a fan of X-Men so much that as a kid, I would imagine I was an X-Man with the power to manipulate water....I started here! I built this super hero type of character in my head. He was ruler of all forms of water: Seas, rivers, clouds, rain, snow, ice, etc. He has six blue angel wings...and this is when it hit me! My alter ego was a high seraph: An angel with high authority, like a general in an army. This angel's name is Hydraulic!

But then I wondered, what does all of this have to do with Justin?

I thought about it...and the bible verse came rushing back to me like a flooding wave! If all those qualities are what Hydraulic looks like/his abilities in Heaven...how does he look/what can he do on earth?

I realized that water is art. It takes different forms. If Hydraulic is the ruler over water, his mortal form is the ruler of art and all it's forms: music, dance, film, poetry. This birthed Hydraulic, but he was still bound. Until Tyrone was named and born, Hydraulic's talent and potential wouldn't be fully released. Because whatever is bound on earth, shall be bound in Heaven.


I wasn't very impressed or confident in my given first name. It was ordinary to me, and too many stars were uprising with the name: Justin Timberlake, Justin Bieber, the Justin from American Idol...I didn't want to be another Justin. Then one day, I was listening to Eryka Badu's "Call Tyrone", and I wanted to break this stereotype. That black men can automatically be labeled as "Tyrone"...useless for love. I used my middle name as me being "The Lover Boy". I know how to love and understand women.

Everything that came from Tyrone is very melodic, placed, refined, and thought out.
Hydraulic is very artistic, eccentric, over the top, messy, and irresponsible.

The two aren't two halves of the same whole. More like two sides of the same coin!

And this birthed Tyrone Hydraulic!

No comments:

Post a Comment